This journal advocates research integrity and combats all forms of academic misconducts. This publication ethics statement stipulates the responsibilities and obligations of authors, editors, editorial board members and reviewers. This statement follows the International Standards established by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). For more information, see https://publicationethics.org/.
1) The author's submission shall be original, without copyright dispute, and shall be subject to the inquiry on the protection of secrets at the author's unit. At the time of submission, the author shall upload copyright agreement (including confidentiality examination certificate) to the “copyright agreement” of the online submission and review system of the journal. See the submission process for specific flows and see http://www.ship-research.com/ for copyright agreement template.
2) The by-liner shall only be limited to those who make a substantial contribution to article work. The corresponding author shall ensure that all authors are not disputed in the order of signatures and that all authors agree to publish the article.
3) Two contributions with one manuscript or multiple contributions with one manuscript are prohibited, that is, the article shall not be at any review stage at any other public publication (ISSN/ISBN) at the time of submission. If the article is a revised version of the conference article, make sure that the conference article is published in a non-public manner and make a statement at the time of submission.
4) The author shall not use all or part of the contents of the published articles (such as master’s or doctoral thesis) for submission through simple processing, which may be suspected of repeated publication.
5) Cited data and predecessors’ work (including self-citation of the author) shall be correctly marked in the text.
6) The same research results shall not be deliberately split into multiple articles for publication.
7) All calculation derivations and data representations shall be carefully checked, without intentional fraud.
8) Funded projects shall be properly marked in the text and the relevant conflicts of interest shall be actively disclosed.
9) After submission, especially after accepting or publishing, if the author finds any errors in the text, he shall contact the editorial department in order to correct or take other remedial measures in time.
1) The editorial department is responsible for the whole process, including article receiving, submitting, accepting, editing and publishing.
2) If editorial department holds that the article is out of the range of topics or the quality of article cannot meet the requirements of the publication, it can reject the article at initial review stage, without peer review.
3) After the article passes the initial review, the editorial department shall ensure that the article will be sent to the appropriate reviewers for review and shall prompt the reviewers to give evaluation opinions in time. In the selection of reviewers, in principle, it is necessary to avoid the reviewers who work for a same unit with the author.
4) The editorial department shall maintain the confidentiality of the contents of the article before publication and shall inform the reviewers and all other personnel that contact the article before publication of the principle.
5) Research articles of the members of editorial board and editorial department shall be published upon peer review.
6) When finding any suspected academic misconduct, the editorial department shall make investigation and verification, get in touch with the author and listen to the author's explanation and statement. Once the author is confirmed having the academic misconduct, the article under review will be rejected, the article published online will be corrected or withdrawn as appropriate, the author will be criticized, if necessary, a notification can be sent to the unit that the author works for.
1) Reviewers shall review the article in an objective and impartial manner based on their experience and knowledge; if any inconvenience due to the conflict of interest, they shall take the initiative to avoid and inform the editorial department to choose other reviewers.
2) After reviewing the article, the reviewers shall normally complete the review within 2 months. Otherwise, they shall inform the editorial department or recommend other suitable experts to the editorial department for review.
3) Reviewers shall evaluate academic level of the article, point out its theoretical significance and engineering application value, whether the content is innovative, and clearly explain the possibility of publication. For the article that basically meets publication requirements, they shall need to give certain suggestions for the amendments to be made (including charts, formulas, data, etc.). For the article that does not meet the publication requirements but has certain merits, they shall give specific amendment suggestions and specify the materials to be supplemented or the maps that can be deleted, etc., so that the author may modify or rewrite it. For the article that shall not be published, they shall specify the problems and put forward the direction of further research and reference documents, etc.
4) If reviewers find the article has any wrong idea, falsified data, repeated publication or plagiarism and other academic misconduct, they shall clearly point them out in review opinions and timely feed them back to the editorial department.
5) Reviewers shall maintain the confidentiality of the contents of the article reviewed and shall not improperly use the contents of the article reviewed and shall not intentionally delay the review for competitive purposes.
4 Peer review
1) All articles to be published shall be subject to strict double-blind peer review. Peer review usually needs two reviewers, when the two reviewers have different opinions (that is, one reviewer agrees to publish and the other reviewer suggests rejecting the article), the article can be sent to third reviewer for review or the editorial department decides to accept or reject it.
2) The author may recommend 2–3 reviewers to the editorial department, and may specify the reviewers who need to be avoided. The actual reviewers of the article shall be finalized by the editorial department.
5 Academic misconduct detection
1) In addition to initial and double-blind peer review at the editorial department, the journal also uses academic misconduct detection software for auxiliary screening.
2) Academic misconduct detection shall be carried out two times, the first test at the time of receipt, the second test before the publication of the article.
3) The detection software adopts the CNKI (AMLC), which can realize the rapid detection of academic misconducts such as plagiarism, fabrication and falsification. When the total text copy ratio is found more than 50%, the article can be directly rejected; when the total text copy ratio is 20%~ 50%, the result of the test should be informed to the author, and the author shall make modification. When the ratio is less than 20% and text copy has been properly marked in the text, it is considered acceptable.
Charges collected by the journal
1) After the article is accepted, the author shall pay article processing charges at RMB 1,600/article. Beyond this, the journal will not collect color map fees and any other charges.
2) Editorial board of this journal collects no article processing charges for the articles published in the name of first author or corresponding author.
Open access statement
This is an open access journal which means that all contents are freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Copyrights and Content Licensing
Authors publishing with Chinese Journal of Ship Research retain the copyright to their work and grant the right of first publication with the work to the journal, licensing it under the CC BY Agreement which permits unrestricted use and distribution in any medium, as long as the original work is correctly cited.
1) For article submission, please visit the official website of "Chinese Journal of Ship Research" www.ship-research.com, go to the download center to download the latest submission template, amend and supplement summary, abstract, introduction, conclusion, reference, personal profile and other parts in accordance with the requirements and fill in the author self-evaluation and recommendation table, and then submit an article.
2) Registration / log in. Click on "author submission / query" on the top left corner. For the author for the first submission, please log in after registration; for the author that has had an account, please log in directly and do not repeat the registration.
3) Upload copyright agreement / confidentiality examination certificate. Please ensure that the content of the article does not involve state secrets. Before the article is submitted, it must be examined by the unit for the protection of secrets. Confidentiality examination certificate and copyright agreement can be provided separately or in combination. If the author’s unit can issue a separate confidentiality examination certificate, please package and compress the certificate issued and sealed by the unit to certify that the article involves no secrets and the “copyright agreement” (with the author’s signature and without seal of the unit) downloaded from this website and then upload them to “copyright agreement”. The author can also only download the “copyright agreement” (with the statement of “the article involves no secrets”) from this website and upload it to “copyright agreement” after affixing his own signature and the unit’s official seal.
Login to homepage of the official website, click on the "author center", log the author's account to query the progress of the article, and please check the message, assist the editorial department in making amendments to the article. For the article that is not amended and returned for a long time, the editorial department has the right to deal with it as rejection.
1) Initial review (3 working days): After receipt of the article, the editorial department will conduct an initial review of the article passing academic misconduct detection within 3 working days and send a notice of amendment or rejection. The article passing initial review after amendment will be sent to the peer review stage.
Main contents of the initial review include: whether the article conforms to the publication purpose, report direction and the needs of the main readers of the journal; the preliminary judgment of the quality of the article and its publication value; check whether the article conforms to the writing requirements of the journal (see the submission template).
2) Peer review (1–2 months): After the article passes the initial review, the editorial department will send it to two appropriate reviewers for review. In the selection of reviewers, in principle, it is necessary to avoid the reviewers who work for a same unit with the author. The contents of the external review include: topic selection, academic level, originality, innovation, reference value, content organization and expression, etc.
3) Final review (5 working days): the editor in chief decides to accept or reject the article for amendment, re-review or reject in accordance with the initial review result and peers’ comments.
If any help is needed, please contact the editorial department of Chinese Journal of Ship Research.
Address: Sub-box 15, Mailbox 64291, Wuhan (430064)
Submission website: www.ship-research.com
WeChat public platform account: Chinese Journal of Ship Research (WeChat ID: zgjcyj)
Personal WeChat account of the editorial department: The editorial department of Chinese Journal of Ship Research (WeChat ID: zgjcyjbjb)