Chinese Journal of Ship Research (CJSR) is a notable academic journal in the field of naval architecture, shipbuilding and marine engineering in China. It publishes reviews as well as full-length papers that cover a broad spectrum of the latest technological breakthroughs, trends, concepts, and discoveries related to the marine industry, with naval architects and marine engineers being its primary target readers. At present, high quality papers are being accepted from major research institutes and colleges throughout China.
The Editors welcome submissions to the CJSR which adhere to the Instructions to Authors. Manuscripts that do not meet all of the requirements below will not be considered for publication and may be returned to the authors for completion.
For support and more information please contact the journal’s editorial office at email@example.com.
About the journal
Aims and scope
The aims of Chinese Journal of Ship Research are to promote knowledge innovation and technical progress in the field of naval architecture and ocean engineering by multi-discipline and multi-national scholarly communication. It publishes reviews as well as full-length papers that cover a broad spectrum of the latest technological breakthroughs, trends, concepts, and discoveries related to the shipbuilding industry, with naval architects and marine engineers being its primary target readers.
Papers are solicited on a broad array of topics relevant to naval architecture and ocean engineering such as:
1) Hydrodynamics, ship motions, new hull forms and structures;
2) Propulsion and electrical system engineering;
3) Shipboard electronic equipment, optoelectronic technology and communication engineering;
4) Combat system, Integrated Platform Management System (IPMS) and other information system;
5) 3-D design, numerical simulation and virtual reality;
6) Sound and vibration reduction, and other stealth technology;
7) Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC);
8) Ship reliability, maintainability and integrated logistic support;
9) Ship procurement, and life cycle management etc.
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all Authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the copyright-holder.
Manuscripts are submitted and reviewed via manuscript submission system . New authors should create an account prior to submitting a manuscript for consideration. Questions about submitting to the journal should be sent to the editorial office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) For article submission, please visit the official website of "Chinese Journal of Ship Research" www.ship-research.com, go to the download center to download the latest submission template, amend and supplement summary abstract, introduction, conclusion, reference, personal profile and other parts in accordance with the requirements and fill in the author self-evaluation and recommendation table, and then submit an article.
2) Registration / login. Click on "Author Center" on the top left corner. For the author for the first submission, please log in after registration; for the author that has had an account, please log in directly and do not repeat the registration.
3) Upload copyright agreement / confidentiality examination certificate. Please ensure that the content of the article does not involve state secrets. Before the article is submitted, it must be examined by the unit for the protection of secrets. Confidentiality examination certificate and copyright agreement can be provided separately or in combination. If the author’s unit can issue a separate confidentiality examination certificate, please package and compress the certificate issued and sealed by the unit to certify that the article involves no secrets and the “copyright agreement” (with the author’s signature and without seal of the unit) downloaded from this website and then upload them to “copyright agreement”. The author can also only download the “copyright agreement” (with the statement of “the article involves no secrets”) from this website and upload it to “copyright agreement” after affixing his own signature and the unit’s official seal.
Login to homepage of the official website, click on the "Author Center", log the author's account to query the progress of the article, and please check the message, assist the editorial department in making amendments to the article. For the article that is not amended and returned for a long time, the editorial department has the right to deal with it as rejection.
Authors should observe high standards with respect to publication best practice. Falsification or fabrication of data, plagiarism, including duplicate publication of the authors’ own work without proper citation, and misappropriation of work are all unacceptable practices. Any cases of ethical or publication malpractice are treated very seriously and will be managed in accordance with the Commission on Publication Ethics (COPE) guidelines. Further information see publication ethics statements.
Copyright and Content Licensing
Upon acceptance of an article, authors will be asked to complete a Copyright Agreement. Acceptance of the agreement will ensure the widest possible dissemination of information.
Authors publishing with CJSR retain the copyright to their work without restrictions and grant the right of first publication with the work to the journal, licensing it under the CC BY Agreement which permits unrestricted use and distribution in any medium, as long as the original work is correctly cited.
The length of manuscript is not limited. It should focus on innovative and critical content, easy for general professionals to understand.
Title. Concise and informative, no more than 12 notional words. Avoid abbreviations and formulae where possible.
Author names and affiliations. Where the family name may be ambiguous (e.g., a double name), please indicate this clearly. Provide the full postal address of each affiliation, including the country name.
First author and corresponding author. Provide a brief introduction about the first author. Clearly indicate who is willing to handle correspondence at all stages of refereeing and publication, also post-publication. Ensure that telephone and fax numbers (with country and area code) are provided in addition to the e-mail address of the corresponding author.
Abstract. A concise and factual abstract is required. It should include [Objectives], [Methods], [Results] and [Conclusions]. References should be avoided. Also, non-standard or uncommon abbreviations should be avoided, but if essential they must be defined at their first mention in the abstract itself.
Keywords. Immediately after the abstract, provide 3~8 keywords separated by semicolons, choosing representative words; and embodying the hot points, innovative points and cores of the article; Be sparing with abbreviations, only abbreviations firmly established in the field may be eligible.
Subdivision of the article. Divide your article into clearly defined and numbered sections. Subsections should be numbered 1.1 (then 1.1.1, 1.1.2), 1.2, etc. Any subsection should be given a brief heading. Each heading should appear on its own separate line.
References. Be numbered consecutively in the order in which they are first mentioned in the text according to the GB/T 7714-2015 rule. Please ensure that every reference cited in the text is also present in the reference list. Only articles that have been published or are in press should be included in the references.
Equations. If you are using Word, please use either the Microsoft Equation Editor or the MathType add-on. Equations should be editable by the editorial office and not appear in a picture format.
Quantities and units. Follow internationally accepted rules and conventions: use the international system of units (SI). If other units are mentioned, please give their equivalent in SI.
Figures. Figures should be placed next to the relevant text in the article. Ensure that each illustration has a brief caption. Supply captions separately, not attached to the figure. Number figures consecutively in accordance with their appearance.
Tables. Please submit tables as editable text and not as images. Tables should be placed next to the relevant text in the article. Number tables consecutively in accordance with their appearance in the text and place any table notes below the table body. Please use three-line tables.
Funding. All sources of funding of the study should be disclosed. Clearly indicate grants that you have received in support of your research work and if you received funds to cover publication costs. Please add: “This research received no external funding” or “This research was funded by [name of funder] grant number [xxx]” in the article. Check carefully that the details given are accurate and use the standard spelling of funding agency names.
More details see submission template.
The editors may question the authors when revising the drafts. The authors should reply timely. The editorial department is entitled to revise the text to make it conforming to the publication regulations, requirements and length limits. When the paper is published, two free samples will be provided to the author. If the author needs to buy more printed copies, he/she can pay it along with the page charges.
Publication in advance
The publishing period of this journal is usually 8 months. The network first publishing period is about 4~6 months. If the author needs to publish an article urgently, please explain it to the responsible editors in advance. The editorial department will arrange it based on the actual conditions.
1) This journal does not collect submission charges and review charges from the author making submission
2) After the article is accepted, the author shall pay article processing charges at RMB 1,600/article. Beyond this, the journal will not collect color map fees and any other charges.
3) Editorial board of this journal collects no article processing charges for the articles published in the name of first author or corresponding author.
Open access statement
CJSR is an open access journal which means that all contents are freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
If any help is needed, please contact the editorial department of Chinese Journal of Ship Research.
Address: Sub-box 15, Mailbox 64291, Wuhan (430064)
Submission website: www.ship-research.com
WeChat public platform account: Chinese Journal of Ship Research (WeChat ID: zgjcyj)
Personal WeChat account of the editorial department: The editorial department of Chinese Journal of Ship Research (WeChat ID: zgjcyjbjb)